sherlock’s like “my biggest flaw is that I play the violin beautifully, please move in with me”
okay but in Hounds just as they’re leaving for dartmoor john comes out of 221B holding a matching set of luggage for the both of them i just
HAHAHAHA IS THAT TRUE? God, these boys…
yes john exits 221B with two black leather posh-looking bags that are totally more sherlockian than anything else so you just know at one point the night before sherlock just threw the bags at him and said “pack for me darling i’ll be in my mind palace”
LMAO I LOVE THIS
there are exactly two acceptable endings for sherlock holmes and john watson:
- they die together at the exact same moment, holding hands, when they are like 100 years old
- they are immortal
Jesus fucking Christ
I’ve been uncontrollably laughing for the past five minutes holy shit
Hahahahaha! And Sherlock’s look, lol
- Henry: I saw a scary as fuck dog on the mooooors
- Sherlock: lol I don't care
- Henry: HOUND
- Sherlock: John get your coat we're going to Devon
- Sherlock: I can actually drive I just like spending needless money on cabs
- John: town
- Sherlock: let's go
- Innkeeper: so you guys are gay I'm gay too everything is gay in this show here have a gay room like the start of every holiday fanfiction ever -
- John: FOR FUCK'S SAKE I AIN'T HOMOSEXUAL
- Innkeeper: bye have fun I hope your gay boyfriend who you are gay with doesn't snore
- Sherlock: hello quaint townsman I hear you saw a dog I bet my boyfriend you didn't
- Townsman: fuck you I did tho
- John: lol I get 50 quid for free
- ~AND THEN~
- Sherlock: Let's break into a top secret military base using my brother's nicked ID which HAS A PHOTO ON IT lol they'll never guess it's not him for twenty minutes
- John: I am a captain
- Sherlock: trolololol
- ~INVETIGATION IN PROGRESS~
- Sherlock: rabbit
- Stapleton: rabbit
- John: hold the fuck up - rabbit?
- Frankland: hello I am being introduced in a rather pointed way which suggests I am either the perpetrator of the crime or directly involved in some underhand dealings also have my cell number gurl
- Sherlock: kthanks
- John: Your cheekbones are kicking right off in this shot, mate
- John: Your coat
- John: stop being attractive
- John: I meant mysterious
- Lestrade: HEY GURLS HEY
- John: FAMILY HOLIDAY IN DEVON
- Lestrade: just casually confirming my greg-ness and my possible association with your brother
- Sherlock: I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR SEX LIFE
- ~BUT THEN~
- Henry: liberty in liberty in liberty in
- Sherlock: let's take a man with mental health problems into the place which probably has a load of triggers for him because this episode is also called The Asshole in Baskerville
- John: MY MILITARY SENSES ARE TINGLING MORSE CODE
- Sherlock: HOUNNNNNND i saw nothing
- Henry: SHIT SCARED THAT IS ALL
- ~TWO NERVOUS BREAKDOWNS LATER~
- Sherlock: alcoholdl
- John: you're having an emotion
- Sherlock: jkfeoadjfFUCK YOU I'M FINE
- John: you're raving like a monkey on acid
- Sherlock: FUCK YOU I DON'T HAVE FRIENDS
- John: fine. okay. then. well. someone's sleeping on the rug tonight and it won't be me.
- ~CHATTING UP THE LADY~
- Frankland: just casually ruining everything
- John: oh goddammit i can't get off with anyone
- ~THE NEXT DAY~
- Sherlock: john
- Sherlock: john
- Sherlock: John I don't have friends. I just have one.
- Sherlock: John you're amazing. John you're fantastic.
- John: okay.
- Sherlock: insults.
- ~LATER STILL~
- Sherlock: casually performing traumatising experiment on my self confessed only friend
- John: crying
- Sherlock: i have the internet inside my head MIND PALACE hound indiana liberty frankland cell
- John: therapist danger shit
- Sherlock: TO THE MOORS
- Henry: fuck this shit I'm out
- Sherlock: DEDUCTIONS
- Moriarty: BOO
- Frankland: JOKES JUST ME
- Dog: HOUND
- John and Lestrade: FIGHTING EVIL BY MOONLIGHT
- Sherlock: Look henry it's just a dog and everything is going to be fine also I am still a jerk
- Moriarty: SHERLOCK <3 JIM SHERLOCK <3 JIM SHERLOCK SHERLOCK SHERLOCK SHERLOCK
John drawn to Sherlock, like a flower toward the sun.
How to look at your best man A Guide by John Hamish Watson
Pilot!Sherlock: “yes right up my street”
Pilot!John: “can I just ask, what is your street?”
THIS IS AUTHENTIC DIALOGUE
The number of people my age, younger now, a whole generation younger, who are fiercely bright, over-educated, under-employed and who are politicised and purposeless really upsets me. It’s soul-destroying.
MOFFAT: I think the Doctor, because the Doctor actually does crave company; I don’t think Sherlock really does.
I think people get under his skin—and I think possibly without him even realising—so John, and Mrs. Hudson, definitely. He’s very fond of her.
And he’s actually terribly fond of Lestrade—he doesn’t know it yet, but he is. I think he got to [Sherlock] in a way he hadn’t been got to before. It just sort of happened. And it happened in the stories, too.
Sherlock wants to be a calculating machine, but he really isn’t. He really, absolutely, properly isn’t.
He’s a quite a moody, difficult, emotional man, is the truth—even in the original.
And it’s really fascinating to read the real Doyle, and you realise: if [Sherlock] thinks a man has wronged a woman, he’s dragging a riding crop off the wall to beat him up, ‘cause he’s so angry.
He’s actually not at all cold and aloof, he just wants to be and presents that way. But he isn’t—he isn’t at all.
But he would like to be.
(Emer Sugrue’s University Observer interview transcript, February 2012 [x])